Founded on May 31, 1963, the Brazil Steel Institute has the purpose of congregating and representing Brazilian steel companies, defending their interests and promoting their development.
In pursuing these attributions, the Institute performs the following activities:
- Studies and surveys regarding production, equipment and technology, raw materials and energy, market trends, new applications for steel and industrial relations;
- Data collection, preparation and publication of statistics;
- Support in product normatization;
- Development of programs and policies defined by the sector;
- Activities of sectorial representative before public and private entities in Brazil and abroad;
- Activities related to public relations and contacts with entities alike overseas.